Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Let Go. Paint From the Soul.

“Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.”
~Henry Ward Beecher

A few weekends back, I stretched and prime 3 canvas'. I got some canvas while I was on vacation this summer, I have always wanted to do something on these 3 canvas' for myself. The following day I really felt I wanted to paint. How many times have I felt like painting but couldn't because I never had the supplies to do so...I started a 8x10" of a Puffin. And this time I will paint this Puffin the way I want to. While painting my Puffin I was in love but, at first I was afraid I would 'F' this painting badly. But instead of letting my fear take control of me, I just Let Go. I decided that whatever happens...happens.
For the first time in a long time, I felt like myself again. My artist creatively flooded me, it was wonderful...in empowering me. Like my deepest part of my soul was awaken in me. This is my real real painting since school...I'm pretty sure of it.
That fear of painting I had I just set that aside and I paint with my heart and soul...my true Artist Soul comes out on canvas.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
~Pablo Picasso

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art."
~Leonardo da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment