Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dandelions

Emily Carr Journal - 'Hundreds and Thousands'

"The field is full of Dandelions, energetic people always doing something,
turning their clear Yellow Faces this way and that as the sun moves, wagging
their heads in the wind, growing fearfully fast and hauling their green caps
over their faces at night." June 11.
I have always love Dandelions, specially in the field or on a lawn...so golden yellow...bright and happy. Most people hate them and they think of ways to kill them off...not me. I love them, a splash of colour on a green lawn or field, they just dance in the wind. Afterwards they go from golden yellow to a cotton white fluff, their seeds hanging off a balloon of fluff, floating away in the wind.... Pick a One...Make a Wish and Blow. For My Birthday this year my Nephew gave me a hand full of Dandelions, I put
them in a vase and put them on top of my kitchen table. I just had to take lots
of pictures of My Birthday Dandelion.

No comments:

Post a Comment