Monday, June 21, 2010

The Ugly Sunflower Clock That Blossom

So, here I am again hopeing to write something new and good. I'm sitting here looking at the screen with a mug of Red Tea. What do I write about? I don't know want to write so, I'm going to write about the Ugly Sunflower Clock...I'm not sure where it came from...I thought my Mom bought it in the a yard sale...I know it came from some where anyways...

Ugly Sunflower (above)

Well, this is the Ugly Sunflower Clock. I thought about painting over the whole thing and starting over, but I wanted a little more out of this clock. I want a pop of colour, I wanted a work of art out of that clock, not just a normal looking clock. I know that's a lot to ask out of a clock. so, one day I happen to run into the hobby/craft shop that sold material/fabric... I had a look around and this fabric with happy/cute bugs all over it caught my eye plus the background colour look like a clay pot...perfect I thought. How in the world am I going to stick this on, I thought. Mod Podge was the answer, now I only had to figure out what to do with the sunflower part???? I had some time to kill before the bus came so I popped into the Dollarara and there was coloured paper...all kinds....and even tissue paper. That would be the top of the sunflower and the pot will be the happy/cute bugs fabric. All I have to do now is figure how to go about it. I built layers of colour paper and tissue paper, I gave it high lights and dark low lights to give it some depth, it started to come to life. I added a little of cardboard to give the sunflower pot some depth. .

Looking Good..Sunflower (above)

I did more and more work on this sunflower, putting hours of work. I wanted this sunflower clock to look good...it was going to hang on my kitchen wall...it had to look good. I did little bits of it at a time , I had to put it a side so I could come back to it with fresh eyes. I think doing that helped, I wouldn't gotten bored...I know myself that well enough that would have happen. I couldn't let that happen...I never did Mod Podge before and I was having fun...I discovered something new. So, I worked on this Ugly Sunflower clock for two weeks or so...it was Blossoming.

Now, here is that very same Sunflower Clock. It hangs on my kitchen wall. It Blossom into that beautiful Sunflower, that it should have been.


No comments:

Post a Comment