Monday, June 21, 2010

My First Blog

I believe that my first blog entry should be a little about myself and why I started blogging in the first place. I post my first blog with a certain amount of personal annoyance as I have never done a self narrative statement before "All About Me." I always hated doing an Artist Statement, never could write very good or it wouldn't come out the right way. So, let me start by saying I have a learning disability...I'm not the greatest writer, there could be lots of grammar and some spelling mistakes...Sorry about that. OK, lets get back to it, what was I going to say...oh...my name is Vicki Collins, aka Tilt Cove Artist. Everyone asks me why I don't have a website or some form of online service, so that's why I'm starting this blog.
I graduated with a Degree in Visual Arts...but I consider myself as an self-taught artist...I have been painting and drawing for most of my life. I work from home, I don't teach in a school. LOL. My artworks are drawings, I paint in watercolours and acrylic, also dabbled in oils , sometimes. I'm not exactly where I wanted to be in My Life, I had a dreamed of...I wanted to be an Artist in my home town (Tilt Cove) and living there in my own house. But I live in a big city...it's nothing like home. You can't get everything in life, I'll just have to work towards it or something. I try to work everyday, at some point in the day with a sketch book or something. I love to doodle, most people get mad at me for saying that...drawing then...in most cases they are in a sketch book.
When I was growing up I drew a lot of Horses...but through out college and university, I drew what they wanted out of me...now, I'm gone back to what I love...the Horse. But keep in mind I do other subject matters. I think that's all I going to say for my first blog. I hope you come back again. I'm only getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment